*

*

Wednesday 2 July 2014

first Sketch-N-Scrap layout is up!

So my first ever contribution to the awesome blog Sketch-N-Scrap is now up!  Basically how it works is twice a month we create layouts based on the sketches showcased on the blog for the month.  It's been a long time since I've worked from a sketch, but I have to say I am 100% loving it!  I had forgotten how easy and quick it can be to get a page done when I already have an idea of what the finished product looks like.

Here is the sketch for July 1st . . . 


. . . and here is my take on the sketch!


So for this layout I kept the background papers the same, but I ended up re-arranging the photos to better fit the sizes I had.  I also slightly changed where the embellishments would go and which side the photos would be on.  The great thing about sketches is that they are a jumping off point as well as a guide.  Wanna follow 'em to the letter, be our guest.  Wanna use 'em for inspiration and change 'em up to suit what you're doing, well that's just fine too!  Don't forget to hop on over to Sketch-N-Scrap to check out all the other fantastic entries and to get inspired to start scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment