*

*

Saturday 19 March 2016

A ball of nerves

Who ever thought one could be a ball of nerves over applying for a Design Team call, but here I am at home a big nervous wreck, and it'll be quite a bit before we find out who was chosen.  I guess this time around it means so much to me because I've been trying to use my design skills and creativity to become more of a presence in the scrapbook community.  I would love to create my own scrapbooking line of products and papers, and every advance forward helps!  Well, whether I get it or not I know I did my best and I'll always keep trying to move forward in the industry because for me, after working in the design industry, and experiencing first hand the discrimination and sexism that still exist, it would be nice to work in an industry primarily driven by women!

Enough jibber jabber though, it's time to get to a new layout.  One of my goals of 2016 (one of the only ones I've kept so far) was to be in more photos and do more personal layouts.  I would also like to start doing this for my husband too, so when the kids look back on our lives they see us as well as themselves.  In an effort to continue my goal I completed this layout.  I decided to focus on my new commitment to myself to love what I've got to work with, and to not be afraid of what is the proper thing for a girl my age or size to wear.  I want to wear and look how I want from now on, and if people don't like it, then fine, don't look!


Thanks for visiting and taking a look!  Have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cat, I'd love to be able to read the journaling on this layout. I too am trying to be who I am despite what others think and say. I just cut off all my hair and died some of it blue. Lol. I even got my first tattoo and anticipating my second. Thanks for all the layout ideas. I love them.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete