*

*

Thursday 20 February 2014

Trying new techniques

So after watching an endless amount of videos over at Two Peas in a Bucket www.twopeasinabucket.com  especially ones by Wilna Furstenburg I decided to try some of the techniques myself.  As I usually state when posting layouts I am a frugal scrapper/crafter.  Not by choice, but I do what I can.  I am also located somewhere with only one store to get supplies (Michaels) and the shipping costs to order online are staggering which definitely limits my options.
So without a Sillouette Cameo I ended up drawing and cutting out my own feathers, which I think covered in glitter.  I also used watered down black craft paint to write the title "Brave" which I then also cut out.  I added a minimal amount of patterned paper, which wasn't my first idea, but in the end I really liked the vellum on the white paper, it gave it an almost ethereal feel.  I hand drew a few little arrows above the title since I had no veneer or chipboard arrow.  I ended up leaving my stapler where I was teaching a class and haven't replaced it yet but once I do I think I'll add a few staples around the top and bottom strips.  And there you go, after enjoying experimenting with glitter and paint I came up with this.  I'm very excited to get my hands on some watercolours soon and give them a try with my layouts.
Happy scrapping, see you soon :)


Be Brave




No comments:

Post a Comment