*

*

Monday 24 February 2014

5 things I'm loving right now

I don't have any layouts to post right now, I have to photograph a few more of the older shots that I'm happy with, but since I have nothing done at the moment I thought maybe I would make a post about things that are popular or things that I'm loving right now.
This list could range from a style, a design trend, or even a product or technique that I'm loving.  So without further adieu here is my love list for February

1. Chalkboard anything!  Okay I've put this in my February list, but I could definitely put this in my love for the year 2013 and continuing into 2014.  I am in love with any chalkboard products, whether it be in scrapbooking or home decor.  I know I'm kind of jumping on the bandwagon with it, but there's a reason why it's so popular, and as a very visual person I can totally see the appeal.  Here are a few examples of its awesomeness!



From the 36th Avenue we have an awesome list of chalkboard fonts that you can download for creating your own chalkboard printable.  You can find the list here so enjoy creating lots of printables for around the house or even small trading card size ones for your scrapbook!


Here are a few great examples of home decor projects you can do involving a chalkboard or chalkboard paint.  I love chalkboard paint and have a small stash of it.  I have used it to paint numerous items at home as well as used it on thickers to create an interesting black font that I could then chalk up!



I'm also including a free printable that I created for the holiday season.  I know it's been two months since Christmas, but well, when you're a crafter you are always making stuff for the holiday, no matter what time of year.  I'm thinking of using this on an upcoming layout when I get around to it!  You can download it from my Pinterest page here



2.  I'm picking a color scheme or two for my second love.  I pretty much love the majority of color schemes, but there are a few colors that I am constantly drawn to so I'm going to put up some of my favourites right now.  I know they seem more like spring colors but I love the soft wintery feel of them and paired with a snowy landscape they would almost give it a dream like quality :)




3. My new tiny attacher!  I don't get to buy new tools to play with very often.  On my current short list of new things I want so that I can tinker is a heat tool, a paper piercer, a Silhouette Cameo, and I could go on.  But in the meantime I was able to get my hands on this little guy for a great price. Working at Michaels can sometimes have its benefits!  I am going to staple sooooo much stuff I swear that cats tail will be stapled to my projects.  Now if only someone made a stapler that would go all the way to the middle of the page.  Seems like a no-brainer to me for a scrapbook company to create one, but alas nothing so far. 



4.  Wood veneer products.  I just can't seem to get enough of these.  I see them on so many layouts and I absolutely love them every time.  I wish I could get my hands on a ton of them, but again being where I am I'm stuck with the few that I can manage to find, and I of course hate using them up and hoard them like an old lady in a cat sweater.    You can pick them up at most online stores.  I love Two Peas in a Bucket myself though it's been awhile since I've ordered anything from them.




5.  Owls.  I had to include this on here cause, well, how can you not love owls.  I've been obsessed with the owl trend since it first arrived and for me it's been going full steam since then.  I have an owl in almost every room of my house.  I have owl accessories, an owl purse, I love pictures of them, paper and embellishments with them.  You name it I love it.  So it seems fitting that they would be here.  Honestly they would probably end up on every list, but I'll put them here in this first list so that I don't repeat myself.




Bye bye, see you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment