*

*

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Something new . . .

And now it's time for something new.  I know this is a Christmas page, but well in scrapbooking sometimes you just have to go with your creative mood.  This picture has been kicking around my computer for sometime and I finally decided to give it a whirl.  I have a massive Christmas paper and embellishment supply, well, at least huge considering what's available on the Island.  This means that I sometimes get tripped up when trying to create a page, since I have so many different styles to choose from.  For this one I went with a style I rather enjoy and a color scheme that I love for Christmas.  The picture is from my son's first Christmas, when we went out to a tree farm where you choose a tree and they cut it down for you.  I loved doing this and this year we got to do it again, so much fun!  Anyway, I enjoyed putting this layout together, making the little "Hunt" banner and mashing up a bunch of different supplies from different brands.  The only thing that is bugging me is the journaling.  I can't stand the look of my own handwriting, and I wish it looked as good as some of the more well known scrapbookers.  Oh and yes I do know that it's not straight, sigh, this is sometimes the case when you're left handed, but well it happens.  I may tweak it and I'll add the date at a later time but for now it's done and I'm happy!


The Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment