*

*

Saturday 9 July 2016

Away We Go - Hip Kit Club

It really seems like only yesterday that my youngest was born, but man oh man is he ever growing up!  He's already crawling, and I decided to use the June Hip Kits to capture this moment!  My challenge was to "make it masculine" and since I have 2 boys to scrap, this was the perfect challenge for me!  At first glance one might not think the June kits would be suited to a boyish layout, but oh boy would you be wrong ( hehe see what I did there?).  There are so many different colour combinations you can create with them, and I decided right away that I wanted to incorporate the navy blue beanboard alphas from Jillibean Soup.  From there I also knew I wanted to use that great woodgrain exclusive paper decided by Kim Watson.  The diagonal direction of the wood was perfect to capture the motion in my picture!  I decided to go with a simple colour scheme of green, turquoise and navy blue.  I grabbed every embellishment and paper that matched my scheme and got to work making a giant chevron!  I hand stitched down the middle of each stripe and then curled up the edges for extra dimension.  I didn't layer much behind my photo, just some vellum, and then I created my clusters!  I added my title and some white ink and ta da!  I love how this layout turned out, it's one of my favorites that I've done!  Be sure to check out my process video to see exactly how it came together and don't forget to pop on over to the Hip Kit Club website to check out their latest kits!



Here is the process video I created for this layout!


http://www.hipkitclub.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment